Making a custom magic item

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
ejacoby1
Squire
Squire

Making a custom magic item

Post by ejacoby1 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:21 pm

I apologize if this information is somewhere else. I have been unable to locate specific "idiot proof" instructions on how to create a magic item. My character has boots of elvenkind that have now had a hide bonus into them and I don't know how to get this into the sheet. Also, the character has a hair comb with a CHR bonus. I could just add the bonuses manually, but would prefer to have it built into an item. We are playing DnD 3.5 with some house rules by the DM. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Making a custom magic item

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:04 pm

On the Control worksheet, in the bottom section of buttons, click on the "Item" button under "DATA WorkSheet Visibility". On the left side, click the link for "Wond. Items". In the drop-down list titled "Wondrous Items QuickFill", choose your "Boots of Elvenkind". This copies the entry from above, allowing you to modify them.

Give them a unique name. Perhaps "Boots of Elven Stealth"? Change the cost to whatever they cost. Change the description to:

="+5 competence bonus on "&IF(b_Pathfinder,"Acrobatics-p","Move Silently and Hide")&" checks"

Keep scrolling to the right. You will see three consecutive cells with the Move Silently bonus.

The cell to the right of the 5 should have the column header, "Effect #2 Name". That's where you add the next effect. You want the two effects to look like this:

Permanency: Yes
Effect #1 Name: Move Silently
Effect #1 Type: Competence
Effect #1 Modifier: 5
Effect #2 Name: Hide
Effect #2 Type: Competence
Effect #2 Modifier: 5

For the comb with a charisma bonus, use the QuickFill to copy a Cloak of Charisma +2 to see how that is done.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue

ejacoby1
Squire
Squire

Re: Making a custom magic item

Post by ejacoby1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”