Magic Weapons and Armor

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
cmack
Squire
Squire

Magic Weapons and Armor

Post by cmack »

I am sorry if this answer is posted some place but I have searched and can't find anything recent. I also watched all the videos and I am still not sure how this works. I have a character that I need to give a +1 Greatsword and +2 Platemail. I have no idea how to create these. I saw where I can add the boxes next to the weapons and armor. There is a note in the weapon adj box that says I can create custom weapons on the geardata worksheet. I opened that and I am kind of confused by it. Any help is appreciated. I will gladly watch a video if you can point me to the correct one.

Thank you,
Cmack
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Magic Weapons and Armor

Post by admin »

The Ask the Wizards [TOS+ Help Desk] is where such questions are posted and answered.

I was unable to locate your email in my Database, so I do not know if you purchased a subscription or went for the stand alone version.

If you got a subscription, you can ask for forum access here.

If you purchased the stand alone version of the sheet, you do not have access to the Help Desk: BUT you can upgrade your purchase to a subscription by getting forum access time here. The same page explains the advantages of the subscription, which includes technical support, as you seem to be requesting.

In any case: Custom Armors have a column to add the magical enhancement to them. Use that to give the +x bonus.
Magical weapons should indeed be created as effects - not just as hard-coded numbers. This is to allow the stacking to work correctly. You can examine existing (magical) weapons to see how they were created, and monkey that. The Effects tutorial video helps to learn about effects, as does the documentation in the Wiki.

admin

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”