[TECH] TV at the gaming table! Technology to assist Game Masters and Players!

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

[TECH] TV at the gaming table! Technology to assist Game Masters and Players!

Post by admin »

Do you use Technology to improve your gaming sessions?
Use this thread to SHARE and DISCUSS this!!

I started DMing recently for my son and his friends and my laser printed is not working right... so I though it was about time to use something else for maps then (costly) paper printouts!

I had an old 32" flat screen TV that was bound to the dumpster, as the sound didn't work anymore... but thankfully, I though about using it for my DMing needs! I built a support base, which holds it a few inches above the table: This has the advantage that those with paper and still use a good area of the table without obscuring the view!

I learned how to use GIMP to create the 'fog of war' and this works pretty well - although I think that Maptool would do an even better Job... I should use that instead :P

I use my Laptop to control the view, with 2x Desktops in Windows 10. The players really love the 'actual' maps!
2019-06-22.jpg
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [TECH] TV at the gaming table! Technology to assist Game Masters and Players!

Post by kabkal »

I have not done this on the tabletop, but projected on the wall using Map Tools. It works great, and gives easy access to pre-made maps. It is when the party goes off in a direction you didn't expect, and walked into that one building you boarded up. Made sure no one would even get into, that the figure a way in and now you have to improvise that this becomes difficult.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”