New PbP [CLOSED]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

New PbP [CLOSED]

Post by Catalyst »

The history

In 302 v. c., the Veldecca, the elite warriors of the Sardacian Empire, travelled west across the Muldava Sea in search of slaves and riches at the command of the ruthless King Sol’ti. His goal was to expand his empire to every corner of Mataor. The army consisted of all manner of beings. Elves fought along side dwarves, humans, all manner of smaller races, as well as the monstrous.

The war raged for over 100 years leaving the eastern seaboard of Varshol in ruin. The Varshilli, a more peaceful people who believed that a harmonious existence was vital to survival, were not equipped or prepared for what the Veldecca brought with them. After a century of fighting, in the year 411 v. c., the assault stopped. There were no treaties. The ships simply stopped coming.

Thousands lay dead at the hands of the invaders, leaving the King Larcess, a fair leader of a thousand years, no choice but to raise a new martial aspect across the land. Captured Veldeccans were giving the choice to perish or train his soldiers. They chose the latter.

The year is now 987 v. c. and King Larcess has grown weary of his rule. He has lived nearly two thousand years, twice as long as any other elf the world has ever seen. In his age, his wisdom has grown, his people have flourished, and his last matter of business as king is to send a group to Sardacia to find out what happened to his adversaries.

The Party:

You will be playing the descendants of the Veldecca, born and raised in Varshol, you are looked upon partially as heroes and partially with disdain. Your ancestors destroyed the peace of the land at the behest of the King Sol’ti, and Larcess remembers it as if it were yesterday. He feels that this is the last bit of debt you have left to pay him, for if not for his kindness, you would have never existed.

Character Creation: (requires an active subscription to TOS+!)

Races: Any, within reason. This campaign will be tough, and something with a +3 LA just isn’t going to survive. You will need your hit points and saves. If you want to play a non-standard race, please ask and if I approve, score one for you, if I deny it, I’ll explain why.

Classes: Any, but please keep in mind I am a somewhat unfamiliar with psionics and though I have an extensive collection of books, I have not read every single one of them. If there is something obscure you want to play, be sure to get me source material on it to read over, and I’ll decide from there.

Vital Statistics:

You will be starting at level 4 with all the gold that comes along with it, which I will add in when I get a chance to dig it up.

Abilities Scores: I will be rolling up ability scores. I’ve never been a fan of point buy and I prefer the randomness of the standard 4d6 drop the lowest method.

Hit Points: Full, each level. Yes, I said it, you can have full hitpoints each time you level. And I’m sure you’re wondering why. It’s probably because you’ll need them.

Warning!! This game will be a conglomeration of hack and slash, roleplay, and a ton of exploration. Not all problems encountered can be solved with the roll of a die and you will be required to, at some point or another, actually think about traps, puzzles, and other such obstacles.

(just wanted to throw that out there :twisted: )
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
MonkeyAlpha
Templar
Templar

Re: New PbP

Post by MonkeyAlpha »

Sign me up!!
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]
LinusMundane
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by LinusMundane »

Same here. Before I get too far into concept, are you allowing gestalt?
Last edited by LinusMundane on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

As always, I reserve the right to wriggle my way in to this game :mrgreen:
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

I'm interested
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Message posted on the Mailing List.
As always, please favor ppl with no (or few) current PbP games if the number of places are limitted.
Thanks!

Richard
Benji
BARON
BARON

Post by Benji »

I'll be interested in joining one.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid
grepme2001
Soldier
Soldier

Post by grepme2001 »

I PM'd you Catalyst. :)
xenos007
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by xenos007 »

I would be interested in playing too
I Have a Bad Feeling About This
larenee
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by larenee »

OK I'm interested. This is my third try at joining a game....'Third time's a charm' don't they say?

Troy
SeanB
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by SeanB »

I too am interested. also I am not playing in any games. they always close before they start.

Sean
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

For all of those interested and have no posted a character yet, their is a thread open for Final Penance in the PbP section. Please feel free to read through everything and post a character concept!

--Cat
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Catalyst
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catalyst »

Well, the timeline has been posted. I will be accepting character concept until friday, 4/11.

Please remember to get me your concepts in before then!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas.

--Cat
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”