[Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Post by kabkal »

Lola will also go up to the third floor. She prefers to be close to the stairs, even if a bit of noise can be heard.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
A PM has been sent to Tex. We might need a little back and forth before I bring the rest of you into the scene... Stay tuned!

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The rest of the party, other than Tex, is in their rooms on the second or third floor (see map), asleep or getting ready to be asleep very soon, when noise from the first floor disturbs them. At least two people are shouting very loudly. One of them is Tex. You can't make out what they are saying, but it's not the happy, drunken noise of previous nights. These voices are definitely raised in anger. In addition to the two individuals yelling, there is also the noticeable undertone of an upset crowd.

OUT OF CHARACTER
We are not in initiative order yet, so just post generally what you are going to do and I'll figure out how long it takes. If you're leaving your room, be specific about what gear, if any, you're grabbing to bring with you.

If you normally wear medium or heavy armor, you are not wearing it right now (see here under "Sleeping in Armor" for an explanation), unless you have some special ability I'm not aware of. If you wear light armor, it's up to you whether you normally sleep in it or not. See here with regard to how long it takes to don armor.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea being closest on the second floor jumps out of the bed from the sudden shouting, as she had just began to settle down for the night. She quickly throws on some more appropriate clothes and grabs her basics off the dresser. She quickly dons her bracers, amulet, ring and shoves her MW silver dagger under her belt. As she heads for the door she grabs her cloak and spell pouch and moves to cautiously enter the hall outside her room. Listening intently.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

From the third floor, Worrel can barely make out his companion's voice in the shouted .. argument? Fight? He can't tell exactly what is going on. Perhaps this is simply an argument.

He glances at this armor, deciding against trying to don the platemail. Should he decide that he is needed downstairs, he will have to simply grab his sword and shield.
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost half-asleep being awoken by fluffy's growling at the ruckus downstairs, and after listing for a moment decides something is wrong, grabs his sling staff, and handy haversack. Come on Fluffy let's see what's up.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Prost always sleeps in his Mitheral chain shirt...

Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Recognizing Tex's voice, Cyrius leaves his room and goes downstairs, not taking time to don his armor or hoist his shield (hey, this is supposed to be a peaceful inn!)
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola sleeps in her Amazon chain bikini armor, but she will grab her +1 short sword on the way out of the room and down the stairs.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Ardrea jumps out of the bed, grabs a few items, and moves to cautiously enter the hall outside her room. Being closest on the second floor, she's the first one to arrive at the stairs. Listening intently, she overhears a loud, unfamiliar voice from below...
For Ardrea (and Tex, who already heard it via PM)Show
You see! It was the Amazon what stabbed poor Tarquin! I passed her on the stairs, covered in gnome blood! Let's go up there and get her before she can escape!
The rest of the party (except maybe Worrell), having gathered what they can, arrives on the second floor in time to hear Tex speaking calmly from down below. There's definitely the muttering of a crowd down there, so they can't make out exactly what Tex is saying. Then they hear Tarquin's voice, with a slightly panicked tone to it, it's louder than Tex's, but still difficult to make out...
Perception DC15 to hear Tarquin (DC0 for Tex)Show
I don't know why she did it, but I know it was her. I think we need the Watch to help sort this out..
Then there's an unfamiliar voice, yelling loud enough that it's clear to everyone, Yes. One of you go fetch the watch. Since the rest of you are too cowardly, I'll go up there myself and make sure she can't get away! Ardrea recognizes this as the same voice she heard before.

OUT OF CHARACTER
It wasn't clear from Worrell's post whether he was leaving his room or not, so I left him there. If his intent was to come downstairs, let me know and I'll put him with the rest of the group

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Tex: fully equipped
Ardrea: bracers, amulet, ring, cloak, spell pouch, MW dagger sheathed
Prost: armored, haversack, sling staff readied
Cyrius: unarmored
Lola: armored, +1 short sword readied
Worrel: maybe thinking about grabbing his sword and shield?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius can discern both conversations. Uncertain as to what's transpiring, but alarmed by the tone of the loud voice, he manifests his mind blade in its broadsword form with the psionic shield option (reducing to hit & damage by -1), giving him a 20 AC (+1 nat'l armor amulet, +1 ring of protection, +2 shield, +1 Shield Focus feat, +3 Dex, +2 Dodge).
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

The voice tells Worrel that, yes, he in should investigate downstairs. He grabs his sword and shield, forgoing armor in the name of speed, before existing his room.

Making as much speed as possible in the crooked hallways and stairs, Worrel begins heading downstairs.
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Perception roll to hear:

Sounds like trouble is coming up.

Seeing Cyrius and Worrel hastily make their way down the stairs. Ardrea will follow behind the men.

Or we can go and meet it.

As they proceed down the stairs she will use her Hex: Ward on Worrel.
[Effect1]+2 deflection to AC, and +2 to saves. Lasts until hit or fails save.[/Effect1]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost tries to discern what is happening as he moves forward, he turns to Fluffy commanding Defend me boy
Fluffy's perception as he tries to discern the threat. Image

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Lola... in the meantime, here's what I have people doing. Let me know if I'm misinterpreting your intentions.

Worrel coming out of his room on the third floor and joining the party on the second floor landing.

Cyrius manifesting his mind blade and remaining on the second floor.

Ardrea using her Ward Hex on Worrel, but waiting for him and Cyrius before going down to the first floor?

Prost and Fluffy (guarding Prost) going down to the first floor?

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost :thumb1:

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will go with Prost and Fluffy to the ground floor.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola goes all the way down to the bottom floor with her sword drawn.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Prost and Fluffly, Cyrius, and Lola descend the stairs to the taproom. The scene there is a little chaotic. Tarquin the innkeeper (blue and red T) stands behind the bar, shirt covered in blood. He is holding a bloody dagger pointed vaguely in the direction of Tex (green T), who is also standing behind the bar. All of the patrons in the room (blue Ps) have crowded up to the bar and look either confused or somewhat angry. A well-dressed merchant (purple M) has made his way through the crowd to approach the bottom of the stairs.

Tex calls out, Stop right there Elaxan. Someone else should go. Why should we trust you at all?

To Tarquin he says, I've seen some strange magic in my travels. Do you trust this Elaxan? Who might want you dead, and cast the suspicion on us in the process?

Seeing the party members arrive, the merchant (apparently named Elaxan) shouts to the assembled crowd, Aha! Here come the miscreants now! They've got weapons drawn! Prepare to defend yourselves!

Tarquin does not answer Tex. Seems he's distracted by Lola's arrival. When he sees her, his eyes grow wide with fear and he turns to point the bloody dagger in her direction.

Upstairs, Worrel arrives at the second floor landing and Ardrea uses her Ward Hex on him.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Ward Hex on Worrel: +2 AC and saves until hit or fails a save

Cyrius: unarmored, mind blade readied
Worrel: unarmored, sword and shield readied
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

I asked this in the PM but don't recall a response, Does Tex recognize the dagger?
Does Lola have any blood on her?
He calls out to his friends, Stand down friends. Something strange is happening here. Tarquin was stabbed by someone who looked like Lola. But don't let the loud mouth escape.

Perception:
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

ElectroZman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:30 pm I asked this in the PM but don't recall a response, Does Tex recognize the dagger?
Does Lola have any blood on her?
He calls out to his friends, Stand down friends. Something strange is happening here. Tarquin was stabbed by someone who looked like Lola. But don't let the loud mouth escape.

Perception:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry. Missed that. Tex does not recognize the dagger, although Tarquin's hand is covering the hilt so he can't see all of it. Lola does not have any blood on her.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel continues to descend the stairs as quickly as he can without falling. Injuring himself, or worse, will not help anyone.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius dispels his mindblade and psychic shield.
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Ardrea will follow behind Worrel as he descends the stairs.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola, a but confused by what is going on, lowers her sword. She cannot sheath it as she pulled the sword from there and did not grab it on her way down stairs.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Prost

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Looking directly at Elaxan.No one is threatening anyone, other than you. Were here because of all the ruckus and to defend our friends Prost stands fast. Nodding to Tex, then Prost commands a growling Fluffy as he scans the room for immediate threats Fluffy, heel Fluffy unbares his teeth, but a low guttural growl can be heard coming from the large black mastiff.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

As Worrel and Ardrea descend the stairs, Tarquin backs away from the party to the end of the bar, passing Tex (I assume Tex will allow him to pass), still holding the bloody dagger.

Tex tries to explain the situation, Stand down friends. Something strange is happening here. Tarquin was stabbed by someone who looked like Lola. But don't let the loud mouth escape.

Cyrius dismisses his mind blade and Lola lowers her sword.

Prost address Elaxan, No one is threatening anyone, other than you. Were here because of all the ruckus and to defend our friends. He commands Fluffy to heel, and the dog stands fast, but continues to growl defensively.

Elaxan moves up to answer Prost, Listen, friend, it's the Amazon who... Prost, Cyrius, and Lola see Elaxan slip a dagger out of his sleeve and cut his own hand.

Ouch! The dog bit me! Help, help! They're attacking me! he yells. He raises his bloody hand for the crowd behind him to see. Because his back is to the crowd, only the party members on the stairs can see his evil, mischievous grin and the dagger that he holds tucked close to his body in the other hand.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Ward Hex on Worrel: +2 AC and saves until hit or fails a save

Cyrius: unarmored
Worrel: unarmored, sword and shield readied

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Liar, Elaxan is a liar, check his dagger he just cut himself, check his hand it is a cut and not a bite. He is the aggressor here. Prost holds Fluffy, at heel.We are not picking the fight here, Elaxan is, if he is telling the truth he will have no issues showing his weapon and hand
and you can check Fluffy and will find no blood on her mouth

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by ElectroZman »

Tex defintely lets Tarquin pass.

When Elaxan shouts again, Tex says to patrons at the bar, Enough's enough aint it? This guys a greasy snake.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola continues to stand in a non-aggressive manner, waiting to see what is going to happen next.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”