What's Happened Up To Now

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Prior to the start of the game, each character was eking out a poor living in the miserable town of Rastingdrung. This changed when a group of adventurers came to town. These were not just any adventurers, they had the look of real big shots. The richly dressed trio called themselves the "Seekers from Tula." They spent time frequenting Rastingdrung’s various taverns, and word of their exploits quickly spread to all corners of town. The confident heroes from Tula told tales of hard-won battles on their journey to Rastingdrung, and spoke openly of their intention to explore the long-abandoned Stirgenest Cairn on the north shore of Wooling Lake.

[attachment=2]seekers.jpg[/attachment]

Soon after the arrival of the "Seekers," each character was approached by an acquaintance named Celeste, who had the following to say:

Celeste wrote:Everyone in town knows there’s nothing of interest in the Stirgenest Cairn. The town’s youth constantly explore the ancient site, and have always found it completely empty of marvel and harmless to say the least. Lots of folk must be having a laugh behind those adventurers’ backs! To come all this way expecting to find some great treasure in a place where children play! This talk about the Stirgenest Cairn reminds me of a local story. There’s another, lesser-known ancient tomb about a day’s walk outside of town, in the opposite direction from the Stirgenest Cairn. The children in town speak of the place, called the Whispering Cairn, only in hushed voices. It’s near an old iron mine that went dry about fifty years ago, and was abandoned a few years later when the mine owner, Ulgo Fant, mysteriously died.

The story is this: about six years ago, a local teenage girl took a dare to spend a night in the place and was never heard from again. Children have visited since then, but most found the place too scary, for when the wind was just right, haunting and almost magical tones would emanate from the depths of the forgotten tomb. If there’s treasure to be had in these parts, it’s the Whispering Cairn that would have it, not the Stirgenest Cairn.

Although Celeste claimed to be "too busy" to do any exploring herself, she suggested that the characters band together to investigate the Whispering Cairn. Furthermore, she suggested that, if they found anything of arcane or historical significance, they consult with Master Allustan Penkawr, a local wizard known as “the smartest man in town.”

[attachment=1]celeste fellowes.jpg[/attachment]

So that's exactly what the party did. They found the Whispering Cairn, entered it, fought some monsters, found some loot, and solved a puzzle involving colored lanterns. They've now agreed to help bury the bones of a child-ghost named Allastor Land. In return, this ghost will open a door allowing them to go deeper into the tomb.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Pretty much, the party's adventures followed the story of the first 8 or so thread in this forum -- the ones marked "{Modern Setting}" in the title. If you feel the need to read through them to catch up, just try to imagine them as if they were played as a D&D adventure, instead of a d20 Modern adventure

But before helping out the ghost Allastor Land, the party has gathered at Master Penkawr's house. He's agreed to provide some information on some of the things they've found and also to help them identify their loot...

masterpenkawr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: [Active Thread] What's Happened Up To Now

Post by patransom »

The party (Cyrius, Marcus, Texudus, and Lola) returns to Rastingdrung with Alastor Land's bones. Before attempting the ghost's mission, however, they stop off at the home of the Master Allustan Penkawr. The wizard, a friend to at least one of the party members, had previously agreed to do some further research on some of the items found in the Whispering Cairn, as well as identify some magic items. The party finds Master Penkawr sitting in the yard outside his house, carefully examining a dragonchess board that rests on a tree stump, although no one else is present to play the game with him.

He looks up as the party approaches, Ah good, you've returned. I've discovered a number of interesting things based on the items you've brought back! Without pausing for questions, he launches right in to a explanation, My starting point was these three exquisite statuettes. He indicates the three small statues that you recovered from the crushed bones of an explorer found beneath a sliding stone slab in the section of the Cairn beneath the yellow lantern.

The statuettes are ancient and fine examples of craftsmanship from the age of the Orichalan Dragon Lords. Long ago, the Dragon Lords fought a battle in this area against forces from the Demon Empires to the south. says Master Penkawr, So, it seem pretty clear that the Whispering Cairn is the resting place of one of the Orichalans who fell in that fight, which was the final battle of something called the Wind War of Night's Dawning. The statues are not magical, but they are historically interesting. I'd gladly buy them from you. They'd make a nice addition to my collection.

Another clue can be found in the three runes you found throughout the Cairn. They are reminiscent of certain arcane symbols, but they represent names, with each referring to a single individual. The letterforms look similar to an ancient glyph-language called Vaati, which some unorthodox scholars consider the original written form of Orichalan. The names translate to Icosiol, Zosiel, and Nadroc.
icosiolglyph.jpg
zosielglyph.jpg
nadrocglyph.jpg
Vaati is not only a glyph-language, but also an Orichalan word meaning 'Wind Duke.' This word refers to the legendary Wind Dukes, leaders among the ancient Orichalan Dragon Lords who forged the fabled Rod of Sotur. It's pretty clear that Icosiol, Zosiel, and Nadroc were members of the Wind Dukes. These names are mentioned in a book called the Chronicle of Chan, which records a full roster of the Dragon Lords present at the final battle of the Wind War of Night's Dawning and a general record of what took place there. I studied the Chronicle of Chan long ago while at the College of Wizardry in Tula and, upon connecting the names with that document, I sent off to the great library for a copy of the book. It arrived today and does provide some interesting background. You're welcome to have a look at it. He produces a thin, tattered tome and places it on the tree stump next to the dragonchess board for you to examine if you wish.

[attachment=0]chronicleofchan.pdf[/attachment]

But I suppose you're more interested in the more valuable items you left for me to identify. There are indeed some magic items among them. There are also some non-magical valuables that are worth a pretty penny. As I said, I'd like to buy the three statues from you. I'll also buy the shards of black glass, if you're willing. They're not magical, but there's something arcane about them and I'd like to study them further. Master Penkawr proceeds through the pile of treasure you've collected, identifying the properties of certain of the items that are magical.
OUT OF CHARACTER
The purpose of this thread is (a) for you to ask Master Penkawr any questions you might have, and (b) to divide up a pile of treasure among the four of you, deciding what to keep and what to sell. The treasure is listed below. Once you've decided what you want to keep, you can sell off the rest. Sale prices are listed for the items where they are obvious or known to you. As indicated above, there are four items (three statues and the black glass) that Penkawr will buy right now. He would also buy the wands, if you decide not to keep them. The other items will have to be taken to one of the shops in town for sale (and, in some cases, to determine their value). We will handle that after you're done at Penkawr's house. Once all the gold's divided up from that, you'll have a chance to buy some additional items from the various shops in town. So, this thread is basically the next step in character creation, but handled at least partially in character.

Loot
[list][*] Shards of Black Glass$20
[*] Elven Armband?
[*] Gold$35
[*] Silver$15
[*] Small Red Ruby?
[*] Chainmail Armor [+1] (650gp)
[*] Statuette of a grand palace$100
[*] Statuette of a slime spire with connected towers$100
[*] Statuette of a grand stadium$100
[*] Wand of Shatter (7 charges)$315
[*] Goggles of Minute Seeing (625gp)
[*] Wand of Unseen Servant (16 charges)$120
[*] Quarterstaff [MW] (150gp)
[*] Pearl of Power (1st) (500gp)
[*] 3x Potion of Cure Light Wounds (25gp)
[*] Ring of Feather Falling (1,100gp)
[*] Leather Armor [MW] (80gp)
[*] Silver Ring?
[*] Short Sword [+1] (1,155gp)
[*] Gold$38
[*] Platinum$2
[*] Silver$55
[*] Ring with Star Design?
[*] Gold$47
[*] Silver$7
[*] Platinum$1
[*] Rusty Longsword$4
[*] Banded Mail Armor [MW] (200gp)[/list]
Generated by the Loot Divider, Version 1.20

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I'd like to keep the wands and the feather fall ring and quarterstaff. Also, I'm curious to know what the armbands do. If they help as if armored or something, I'd be interested in them too, if no one else is interested. Too bad that pearl of power has no advantage to me as a spontaneous caster, otherwise that might be something nice to have.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
The armbands are not magical. Sorry, wasn't clear: Penkawr fully identified all the magic items. The items marked with ? just means you don't know their value (although you could try an appraise check). They don't detect as magical.

Now that you mention it, Penkawr would probably buy the pear of power, too, if no one in the party wants it. Although I bet Lola does...

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Nothing really of interest to me, I'll just take my share in the form of coin. The wand of shatter could be useful though, that and the potions should be held as party treasure I would say. I'll take a look at these few things, maybe I can gauge their value..

Appraise - Armbands, Ruby, Silver Ring (1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=13) Also, fogot to account for this, if it applies to any or all of these items... +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones [Greed]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:Nothing really of interest to me, I'll just take my share in the form of coin. The wand of shatter could be useful though, that and the potions should be held as party treasure I would say. I'll take a look at these few things, maybe I can gauge their value..

Appraise - Armbands, Ruby, Silver Ring (1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=13) Also, fogot to account for this, if it applies to any or all of these items... +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones [Greed]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually, appraise rolls need to be made "behind the screen" so that you don't know whether you're right on, close, or wildly inaccurate. I have rerolled Tex's appraise checks, with greed applying to all the items. His assessment is as follows:

Elven Armband - should sell for about 30 gp
Ruby - worth 15 gp
Silver Ring - should sell for 60 gp
Ring with Star Symbol - should sell for 50 gp

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't recall td's character's name. Tex by pat's response?

Marcus looks over, If you're interested in the shatter wand, that's fine. I'd really like to get a ranged weapon. The goggles should likely go to someone who could best put it to use, or we just sell them.
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I dig 'Tex' as a nickname, so the Dwarf's name is Texudus Treebender

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Since I doubt the men in this group would fully know how to use the healing potions, I will be happy to carry them for you (please hear the distaste she has for the males in the group). Also, that Pearl of Power would help me, if no one else wants it. She then continues to mumble in her native tongue, sure that none of you understand her. And then she looks up at y'all and smiles just a killer smile (i.e. really nice smile, not the smile of a killer).
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will try his hand at appraising the items (+8 bonus, +11 if they count as "large quantities of bulk goods", which they probably don't.) He is also very interested in the Chronicle of Chan.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Cyrius' assessment of the ? items is quite different than Tex's:

Elven Armband - should sell for 75 gp and likely worth more to an elf, if one can be found with the funds to buy it
Ruby - worth 60 gp
Silver Ring - should sell for 10 gp
Ring with Star Symbol - should sell for 80 gp

So we have:
[list][*] Shards of Black Glass$20
[*] Elven Armband $30 to $75+
[*] Gold$35
[*] Silver$15
[*] Small Red Ruby $15 to $60
[*] Statuette of a grand palace$100
[*] Statuette of a slime spire with connected towers$100
[*] Statuette of a grand stadium$100
[*] Wand of Shatter (7 charges)$315 {Marcus}
[*] Goggles of Minute Seeing (625gp)
[*] Wand of Unseen Servant (16 charges)$120 {Marcus}
[*] Quarterstaff [MW] (150gp) {Marcus}
[*] Pearl of Power (1st) (500gp) {Lola}
[*] 3x Potion of Cure Light Wounds (25gp) {Lola}
[*] Ring of Feather Falling (1,100gp) {Marcus}
[*] Silver Ring $10 to $60
[*] Short Sword [+1] (1,155gp)
[*] Gold$38
[*] Platinum$2
[*] Silver$55
[*] Ring with Star Design $50 to $80
[*] Gold$47
[*] Silver$7
[*] Platinum$1
[*] Rusty Longsword$4
[*] Banded Mail Armor [MW] (200gp)[/list]

We will go through one more round of claiming items, as I find it slightly odd that no one wants the +1 short sword or any of the magic or masterwork armor. Then again, maybe the particular items just aren't suited to you.

Also, feel free to ask any questions of Master Penkawr. He is "the Smartest Man in Town," you know.

Once you are ready to sell off the surplus and shop for new goodies, let me know which of the town's merchants you wish to visit. It's okay to say you want to hit several shops. Tex may even have some thoughts about other places to visit, since he knows Rastingdrung better than the rest of you.

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola once again looks through the pile of stuff.

"If none of you want this short sword, I could sure use it. Also this star ring is nice looking (trying it on) and it fits too."
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

If no one will claim the goggles, then I'll take them just for having them. You never know when they may be needed. Marcus picks up the goggles. As for the weapons, other than this quarterstaff, and the armor, it's of no use to me.

He ponders a moment, Master Penkawr, what do you know of the Land family? While in the cairn, and defeating a grick, we met with a ghost named Allastor Land. He wandered into this place, though I'm still curious how he go so far without all the lanterns in place, and was killed by the grick. He's asking that we bury his bones with his family so he may pass on beyond this realm. Do you know of anything about this family? Maybe there's a record of them in the library?
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

As none of the items interest Cyrius, he'll take his share in cash. He'll pay a visit to the Osgood Smithy to see if they have a mithral chain shirt available, or, failing that, a masterwork chain shirt, and possibly a masterwork buckler.

He will ask Master Penkawr if the Whispering Cairn has any known relationship to the lost City of Night's Dawning. And those shards of black glass we recovered; could they have been part of a sphere or orb, such as the black spheres mentioned in the The Chronicle of Chan as implements used by the Demonbrood?
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Master Penkawr forks over some gold for the statues and the black glass, then answers some questions.

To Marcus, he replies, I don't know of any Land family. Do you have any idea of how long ago this ghost lived? If it was more recent than a century, then I would suggest checking with Dietrik Cicaeda at the Garrison. As the Chief Cartographer, he maintains the area's land ownership records. If it was older than that, it's possible there might be some record in the archive, if the ghost's family was somehow historically significant, although even then it's not certain.

To Cyrius, he responds, My guess is that the relationship between the Cairn and the City of Night's Dawning is an indirect one. It would seem, from the Chronicle of Chan, that the founding of that City by the Demonbrood was one of the things that instigated the Wind War of Night's Dawning. When the Dragon Lords and the Demons met over the site of the city in the final battle, many Orichalans died and, it appears, some of them were buried where they fell. From what you've discovered in the Cairn, it's clear that it is an Orichalan burial site, not Demon construction. So it was not part of the City, but it exists because of it.

In regards to the spheres mentioned in the Chronicle, I believe the text could only be referring to Spheres of Annihilation. These are extremely powerful artifacts and nigh indestructible. I can't imagine how one would break a Sphere of Annihilation into tiny pieces like these shards. Even if it were possible, the pieces would certainly still radiate magic, which these do not. I don't know what they're from, but I doubt the shards of glass could have been part of a sphere.

Dividing up the loose gold from the horde and the additional coins provided by Master Penkawr, the party then pays a visit to the Osgood Smithy. The smith, Manlin Osgood, greets you with a smile. His stocks are currently quite full. He has at least one of every type of metal armor and shield available, including masterwork quality examples, but excluding full plate armor. Not that you are probably interested, but he is willing to make full plate on special order, if paid in advance.

He does not, however, have anything made of mithral, but if you happen to come across any of the rare metal, he would gladly forge armor for you from it. He is not interested in buying anything you have for sale, so you may need to visit somewhere else to earn enough coins to afford his goods...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Loot for each of the 4 players: 119 gp, 4 sp (counting only what's sold so far and assuming you divide the coins evenly)

Additional items not yet sold:
[list][*] Elven Armband? (30 to 75+ gp)
[*] Small Red Ruby? (15 to 60gp)
[*] Goggles of Minute Seeing (625gp) {Marcus}
[*] Silver Ring? (10 to 60gp)
[*] Short Sword [+1] (1,155gp) {Lola}
[*] Ring with Star Design? (50 to 80go) {Lola}
[*] Rusty Longsword$4
[*] Banded Mail Armor [MW] (200gp)[/list]Generated by the Loot Divider, Version 1.20

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think the group needs to adopt a division-of-spoils plan that we all agree upon. In the D&D campaign I'm in, we add up the 'sale price' of all the loot to be divvied up for a total, then divide that by the number of people for each one's share. If somebody elects to take an item, its 'sale price' is deducted from their share; if the value of that item exceeds the person's share, we (usually) let them go into debt to the other members (the 'overrun' divided by the number of other people in the party). It can get complicated at times, but everyone agrees it's much better than the old 'claim the magic item(s) you want, if more than one person wants it they roll for it, we divvy the gold equally' system common in earlier versions of D&D.

Or does somebody have another suggestion?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

CGM3 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think the group needs to adopt a division-of-spoils plan that we all agree upon. In the D&D campaign I'm in, we add up the 'sale price' of all the loot to be divvied up for a total, then divide that by the number of people for each one's share. If somebody elects to take an item, its 'sale price' is deducted from their share; if the value of that item exceeds the person's share, we (usually) let them go into debt to the other members (the 'overrun' divided by the number of other people in the party). It can get complicated at times, but everyone agrees it's much better than the old 'claim the magic item(s) you want, if more than one person wants it they roll for it, we divvy the gold equally' system common in earlier versions of D&D.

Or does somebody have another suggestion?

OUT OF CHARACTER
I've used this method before, and mentioned it here in another thread and got odd looks from people like I was crazy. :P
Either way, it doesn't matter, but it could mean that someone may end up piling up in coins really fast. It's not hard to take your loot share in items and be left with no coins to claim for yourself. You end up broke fast this way.

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
As the DM, I don't care how you choose to divide up the spoils. Under CGM3's proposal, Cyrius and Tex would split the gold. Marcus' debt to the party would be around 1,000 gp. Lola's debt would be approximately 400 gp. I can't give you concrete numbers yet, as you haven't finished selling off the items of uncertain value.

Another option would be for Cyrius and Tex to split the gold from this haul, with Marcus and Lola taking items only, and not worry about tracking debt going forward.

Again, I don't care, but you should make a decision so the game can move forward. If someone needs to post a poll as a separate thread, go ahead.

In any case, you need to choose at least two more shops to visit in order to sell off your loot. I'll give you a hint: Tidwoad the jeweler is a good place to sell gems, jewelry, and art objects; the Captain's Blade and Venelle's buy used weapons and armor.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Let's go to Tidwoad, then stop at the Captain's Blade and Venelle's to sell the weapons and armor.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think just splitting the gold among everyone and picking the items useful to those who can use them is fast and best. Marcus will not have any use for armor of most all weapons due to his spell casting ability and lack of training in its use. Armor and weapons can quickly out match items in value over time. And we all need coin to get by.

Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
I like thw idea of tracking it, but that's kind of a pain. so dividing it by value is fine for me. where each character gets as equal value as possible.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius is willing to tag along with Marcus and see what's available.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex also follows along.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will also tag along, not wanting to get left behind.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't care how the treasure gets split, as long as it is fairly even in gold and goods. I find it usually balances out.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

At the Captain's Blade, the proprietor, a human named Tyrol Ebberly, greets you eagerly and begins enthusiastically showing off his stock of masterwork melee weapons. When you show him the items you have for sale, he becomes even more enthusiastic. He seems to think the armor you have for sale is of unusual design and asks how you came to find it. He seems particularly curious to hear any tales of adventure you have to share.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Tyrol's stock includes any melee weapon, including masterwork, up to 900 gp value. He also keeps three silk-wrapped special items hidden under the front counter, eagerly showing them off when you ask if he has anything special for sale:
[list][*]A curved dagger red ruby inset into the bottom of the handle. Ebberly says the dagger is called "Vondoch's Claw" and says that it was infused with the blood of a nalfeshnee demon at the time of its forging. The handle is lined with black velvet and the blade has a yellow tinge to it. (550 gp)
[*]An ancient spearhead attached to a wooden haft that has broken two inches below the bottom of the tip. It doesn’t look like much, but it cuts the finger of anyone who touches it. (1,000 gp)
[*]A deep red wand with a darkened, ashy tip. Tyrol says this wand came from a desperate adventurer who couldn’t pay off his debts a few years back. The adventurer told Tyrol that it is a Wand of Burning Hands. (525 gp)[/list]

Venelle is a woman of Ghinoran blood with possibly a touch of Elvish. She crafts her own masterwork bows and arrows. Her shop, however, is a bit chaotic, with various items piled on tables. Armor sits loosely on too-small dummies. She greets you calmly and politely shows you her wares.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Venelle carries most standard weapons and armor, plus masterwork bows, crossbows, and ammunition. She keeps a special case containing four magical arrows behind her counter:
[list][*]One blue-shafted arrow with sleek point (367 gp, +1 icy burst arrow)
[*]Three arrows with yellow and black fletching (167 gp each, +1 shock arrow)[/list]

Tidwoad is a cantankerous gnome with a meticulously arranged shop that is as close to a bank as one can find in Rastingdrung. He maintains an illusory collection of his finest gems in a showroom display case, making certain to inform visitors that the actual valuables are sealed away for safety until actually purchased. A large mechanical construct with stone fists named Festus keeps watch over the showroom.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Between Tyrol Ebberly and Venelle, you can sell off the weapons and armor at the usual rate (no negotiating on those).

For the other valuables, after examining each item closely, Tidwoad makes you the following offers:
[list][*]He says the Small Red Ruby is worth 50 gp. He charges a standard 5% fee to change gems into gold, so he will pay you 47 gp, 5 sp for it, no negotiating.
[*]For the elven armband, he will give you 45 gp.
[*]For the silver ring, he offers 22 gp.[/list]
On these last two, you get the sense there might be some wiggle room. If you want to negotiate on those, give me a diplomacy check. If several of you want to give negotiating a try, I'll take the best diplomacy check.

So, pending the negotiations on the last two items, the treasure list is now:
Total for items sold so far: 1,411 gp, 7 sp
[list][*] Elven Armband? (30 to 75+ gp) {offered 45 gp}
[*] Silver Ring? (10 to 60) {offered 22 gp}
[*] Ring with Star Design? (50 to 80) {Lola}[/list]

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Tex isnt much for diplomacy, so he'll let others handle that. But, since it looks like both Marcus and Lola are getting items (not counting wands) worth well past our Gold intake, i think the coin should be split among the rest of teh party. wealth for 3rd lvl is 3k, we'd still be well short of that, but at least i'd be able to buy a better bow it think.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Diplomacy (1d20+4=7)

Marcus makes a half-hearted attempt at getting a better price, but being as he's getting no coin to buy a ranged weapon, he doesn't feel fully motivated.
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

After Marcus' less-than-stellar attempt at bargaining, Cyrius gives it a try... and does no better.

Cyrius' lame attempt at a Diplomacy roll to bargain for a better price for the items sold = 1d20 + 0 = 7 + 0 = 7
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola looks around, adjusts her top and walks up to the salesman, smiles and tries her best to get a better price.

Diplomacy (vs male with penalty included) (1d20+4=11)

And, appears not to do much better.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

The Grizzly Ranger put his palm to his forehead, tried to rub away the pain.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

No one is able to convince Tidwoad to offer a better price on the valuables, so they are sold at his price. Discussion therefore turns to how to divide the proceeds...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Here's the outcome of the treasure haul:

Total Gold: 1,526 gp, 2 sp[list]
[*] Ring with Star Design? (50 to 80) {Lola}[/list]

It is not clear to me that you reached a consensus on how to divide the gold. The three options I seem to see are:

(A) 381 gp, 5 sp each party member (divide gold evenly, ignoring the value of items claimed)
(B) 763 gp, 1 sp each to Tex and Cyrius (divide gold among the two who didn't claim any items, ignoring the overage from the items)
(C) 763 gp, 1 sp each to Tex and Cyrius; Marcus owes the party 1,547 gp; Lola owes the party 1,017 gp (equal shares)

Please decide which option you are using, let me know what you are buying from the various armor and weapon shops (if anything), then provide updated character sheets with your new gear. Then we can move forward.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”