All together again in the vestibule

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Vulan, I have no intention of killing them, unarmed or not. If it were my choice, they would already be dead. However, leaving them with weapons, even if they say they will head South is foolhardy. If you wish to let them free, then do so. But leave them without weapons."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, "I have a better idea. These prisoners belong to Vulan. He said that he would care for them, so they are his responsibility. If he wishes to released them into the world, that is his decision to make. Should they cause harm to others, it will fall on his head, and he shall join the ranks of my enemies. If he decides to arm them and fight them, then so be it. I wash my hands of them. They are his charges, and his decisions should be final." He turns to Vulan, "I suggest, and I hope the others will support me, that you choose their fate, as you requested."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam nods on hearing of the nearby temple. "I will stop to pray and seek guidance if the opportunity arises. But I know my God would choose to have me finish this as a priority. I do the God's will by following my path and completing this mission."

Jiam then turns to the prisoners again. "It would be certainly advantages if these two could be trusted to leave and not returned, but I am not certain that could be done. Having said that, all deserve a second chance. I propose the following.

"We tie them up aways from here. We loosen their bonds to the point that they could free themselves on a couple of hours. We leave them a knive and a water skin. When they free themselves they can make their choice. Return to their friends, where they will not be taken prisoner again should we happen on them, or leave and seek a new life."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan attemps a sense motives role to gauge which if either of these two can be trusted.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless looks at the two prisoners, the driver of the vehicle who surrendered freely and the other who fought hard and with effort against Jiam.

Noting that the driver volunteered freely, while the other has disgust and foul intentions, he states "Free the driver, and kill this one...." points at the other "the worms and scavengers need to eat too."

Commenting on Mayrhu, "You seem like your a person of sound mind, you can help other people survive these times for people who are together and help others are stronger as one."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah adds, "While I agree with Aeless, whatever you decide I will abide by Vulan. If you want to leave them bound away from here, but so that they can free themselves I believe I can tie them that way."
Last edited by Icefire on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"Thank you, Leenah." Jiam awaits the others response.
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Yeah, whatever we do, we should get to doing it. But it shouldnt be done near here."

"For me, i like Jiam's suggestion. we lead them, hooded, from here at least 6 hours away, and leave them there, still hooded, and then they can make their own way."
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Letting the prisoners go, is risky. Can Sam Tinker arrange to have someone guard them, until the situation is over with?
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin raises his eyebrows, "Sanctuary, do you have any records of the men that are currently in our custody? Vulan, what were their names?"

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait regards the point of her spear. "I think we should kill them and be done."
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:Oldin raises his eyebrows, "Sanctuary, do you have any records of the men that are currently in our custody? Vulan, what were their names?"
"These are human beings - try asking them."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"I am a noble. I have no need to ask them. Besides, they are your prisoners. You can do it."

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:"I am a noble. I have no need to ask them. Besides, they are your prisoners. You can do it."
"When we get back home, or if, then call yourself noble. Here you are what you act - and noble is hardly a word I'd use to describe you. You want information - you have my permission to speak with my prisoners."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Tired of hearing Oldin and Vulan bicker, "You two sound like an old married couple. We will get nowhere if you continue like that. Oldin, there is no royalty here and there hasn't been for a very long time. Vulan, you can question our motives but insulting us will not help to get us out of the current situation."

Turning to the prisoners, "Mayrhu, you are at least being somewhat helpful. What is your partners name?"

After his response
"Sanctuary, if you have any information on these two, can you please let us know?"

Turning his attention once again to the prisoners
"Mayrhu, you seem to be willing to listen and to comprehend what is happening. If Sanctuary and Dr. Zeus are willing to let you stay here and learn, will you? The problem is that your partner seems less agreeable. How would you suggest we handle him."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, "Seker, this heathen believes that I am guilty of ignobility. If this is the case, then I deserve your punishment. I leave this punishment to your judgement. Let your holy light punish the guilty."

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

As the discussion of their fates continues, Mayhru watches closely, his emotions switching from hopeful to worried depending on the opinion that's being expressed. His partner just sits sullenly with an angry look on his face.
Shareev: "Mayrhu, you are at least being somewhat helpful. What is your partners name?"
Mayrhu says, "He's just the Sarge to me. That's all he ever let us call him."
Oldin: "Sanctuary, do you have any records of the men that are currently in our custody? Vulan, what were their names?"

Shareev: "Sanctuary, if you have any information on these two, can you please let us know?
Sanctuary answers, "I don't know these men, but they are obviously Dudes. I would not be comfortable admitting them farther, as they could pose a danger to my children."
"Mayrhu, you seem to be willing to listen and to comprehend what is happening. If Sanctuary and Dr. Zeus are willing to let you stay here and learn, will you? The problem is that your partner seems less agreeable. How would you suggest we handle him."
Mayrhu says, "I'd rather not stay here with the religious fanatics. But if it's a choice between that and death, yeah you can leave me here... But really, if you just let me go, I'll be miles south of here before you know it and I'll never bother you again." He looks at the Sarge with an expression of worry and just doesn't answer Shareev's question about what to do about him.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Then something unexpected happens. Oldin makes a brief speech. There's something in his words and the gestures he makes while speaking that indicates he's not just talking. He's obviously also casting a spell.

As Oldin finishes speaking, Vulan finds himself bathed in a firey, rather painful light. [Made your will save, 4 hp damage]

[The DM suspects intra-party conflict is about to start and because of that is posting a map]
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin nods, "See! Seker has punished you for your insolence! I called for Seker to punish the guilty. I even called forth Seker's divine power for it to be so. And look who got punished! You, Vulan! You are the guilty one, not I!"

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"Sanctuary told me about your deception and your tricks! Using your power to try to keep yourself in power. Shereeve is right - our bickering isn't solving anything - let's settle this."
OUT OF CHARACTER
I understand all the weapons were left and have not been reclaimed yet - isn't that right? Also - I noted that while he was casting I didn't get to take the AOO.... but I probably would have let that pass anyway...[ooc]

"You prayed to Seker - one of the illusions of the past, a deception that no longer exists and according to Sanctuary only existed in the first place as a deception, a lie used by others to keep them in power. Allow me to pray now. 'Meeher - punish the guilty one here.'" Then he throws a punch into Oldin's gut.

assuming it hits....

"I guess, Meeher thinks you're the guilty one. What say we let Meeher and Seker work this out now."

At which point Vulan backs away three steps to see if Oldin learns his lesson or if this will escalate.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"That has always been the belief of Mycretians. Just ask Jiam. That does not make my beliefs any less correct than they ever were. Without Seker guiding me, I would not have my divine abilities."
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oldin does not realize that Seker does not grant him his power, so no sense motive necessary. He fully believes it.

Oldin says, "Let's have this out, Vulan. I will not travel with you. I began with a great deal of respect for you, and a great deal of respect for your strong beliefs, but your continued attacks on my character and your hostile remarks to those who would help us have shown your true nature. You are a thug who desires for nothing more than violence. I will show you how Seker deals with the likes of you."

Oldin readies himself for Vulan. If Vulan comes close, Oldin takes a five-foot step and uses a fiery burst on Vulan.
Last edited by shai-hulud on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Fruitless...." the half-elf starts packing some of his belongings, and things they're allowed to refill or even take such as some food.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Having followed the discussion with half an ear as he sees to his gear, Esias is startled at the sudden manifestation of Oldin's magic. "What th' (vile orcish obscenity) are y' doin'? Have y' both gone mad?" he blurts, looking from one to the other.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah sighs as she watches them fight. "If you two must fight this out, take it outside." She then sets about retrieving her own items.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

(OOC) Since I am not familiar with this world, as a Mycetian, where would I come down on this speaking from a faith standpoint? And when it comes to faith, how did the person playing this character before roll play this aspect? Sorry, I just need a clue before I do something that would normaly be out of character. (/OOC)
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:"That has always been the belief of Mycretians. Just ask Jiam. That does not make my beliefs any less correct than they ever were. Without Seker guiding me, I would not have my divine abilities."
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oldin does not realize that Seker does not grant him his power, so no sense motive necessary. He fully believes it.

Oldin says, "Let's have this out, Vulan. I will not travel with you. I began with a great deal of respect for you, and a great deal of respect for your strong beliefs, but your continued attacks on my character and your hostile remarks to those who would help us have shown your true nature. You are a thug who desires for nothing more than violence. I will show you how Seker deals with the likes of you."

Oldin readies himself for Vulan. If Vulan comes close, Oldin takes a five-foot step and uses a fiery burst on Vulan.
"Still the deceiver - still the lies and the twisted truths. You start the fight cast spells or science or whatever - but then act like the victim!
Sanctuary! Can you tell who powered Oldin's recent attack on me? Was it Seker as he says - or something else? Oldin himself perhaps? Who directed the blast at me? Seker? Meeher? Or this lieing scum weasel that starts a fight but says I want only violence - that murders unarmed men when peace is in the making but claims I am the heathen!
At first I thought you were like the prelate - twisting words for your own use - I see you are far worse! The boy would have been better off dead than with you as his mentor - if he has so much power that the prelate wanted him so badly - if he should turn towards your vile ways he'll destroy this world. I vowed to save him from evil when I joined your little quest - little did I know that meant saving him from you!"

[ooc the actions don't change - I move on him, if he backs up, I keep moving - if he casts, I take the AOO and lay him low. Where exactly are my weapons? /ooc]
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand picks up his sword, from the bench, and backs away from Vulan and Oldin. "I say let them fight, I have no wish to listen to them anymore."
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev shakes his head. He goes about retrieving his equipment from his locker.

"This will not end well. If you two wish to do battle, do it outside away from Sanctuary."

"Sanctuary, can you open the doors so we can at least leave. Thank you for allowing us to rest here with you."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Those of you who remained in the vestibule have your weapons and equipment ready or nearby. For those of you who went downstairs, your weapons are still in the lockers around the outside wall. Vulan, can assume your weapons are in the locker in the square behind you (0122).
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

As he walks out, leaving behind his crossbow, Oldin says, "I have spoken nothing but full truths. What did you do when we met Dr. Zeus? You threatened him. He made no aggressive actions towards you. He asked only for your aid, and not forcefully. In return, you asked to face him in combat. You have bloodlust, and Seker's fires shall purge it."

Return to “Perearth: Archives”