Aftermath of the battle at the gates

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Aftermath of the battle at the gates

Post by patransom »

Esias examines Dude 2's equipment, finding the same things you've seen on most of them: a nine-meel supmayshinkuhn, a kel suit, some bullets, a billy club, and a knife.

Jiam takes another drink from his jug [healed 7, back to full] "We need a new plan because I am afraid we may very well have company. We also should address the town and see if any are willing to stand."

Ruadhnait, her rage subsiding, pants heavily as fatigue seizes her. She tears a strip of her clothing and begins dabbing at the heavier of her wounds, but shows no outward indication of the pain she is feeling.

Brand drinks a Cure Light Wounds potion [healed 4]

Leenah offers to use the wand to those injured. Esias and Brand accept, and Ruadhnait shrugs. Leenah concentrates hard each time she activates the item. With a few tries, she gets one charge into each of them before she does something very wrong and the wand won't work for her any more today. [Healed Esias 3, Brand 8, Ruadhnait 8. The wand has 13 charges left, but you can't use it for 24 hours. FYI, I'm pretty sure Oldin handed Aeless the other wand.]

Thanis and Aeless go to where they saw Vulan fall. Surprisingly, when they get there, there is no body, or sign of his demise, not even a pile of ashes. There is only a pile consisting of Vulan's gear: a breastplate, a sheathed sword, two kuhns, a longbow, a quiver of arrows, and a backpack full of equipment …

Shareev checks the device that shows the location of the Dudes. One light flashes, stationary, right where you are. The large group of flashing lights remains clustered together 60 or 70 some miles to the west. These do not appear to be moving either.

Aeless makes a suggestion, "I suggest a hasty deception: have the bodies of the dudes scattered at the vehicle near the direction they will be coming from and have it look like it has been ambushed and maybe left there to be in disrepair. After they stop to take a look at the result we spring our attack and hopefully someone can fire this big kuhn at their big kuhns and in the exchange we should be closer rather than farther from our enemies like last time. Maybe we can take out the head of the snake and hope the body dies. Maybe we can get the aid of Vulan's physical remain as a proof that there was an exchange and they got some of us. I suggest to gather the blood of these dudes and have a trail heading away from the town."

At this point, a voice comes from the control panel of the vehicle, "Lieutenant! What's your status? Are you still in need of assistance?"

[Damage totals: Ruadhnait 35, Brand 49, Shareev 3, Esias 26]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Thanis looks at Aeless, looks back at the gear, shrugs a little and starts to gather up the stuff.

When it is gathered, he heads back to the others.

"This is all that was left of Vulan. There was no sign of his remains at all. Very strange."

After the radio call...

"Quick, who sounds the most like the dudes? Shareev? can you tell them all is well?"
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless shrugs and immediately comments about a message, "Let them sweat it out. Keep them abreast they're in need of back up they're losing men from shots from away and will abandon the gates to engage or retreat to their base."
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

"It's as good a plan as any. Someone give the message and then lets set up our ambush. Also we need to be at full health. The rest that are wounded need to make use of that wand."
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Thanis, I will try to take care of this. However, he is specifically looking for the Lieutenant. I will see what I can do. However, they probably have a device similiar to mine and know the wagon is stationary and not moving."

Shareev starts up the wagon. He looks for the comm device and uses it. "Sorry sir. It looks like we lost the Lieutenant. There were 2 khunman over by a sandy knoll, but we got them done. We are okay for now. Should we return to base, sir?"

OOC: I so wanted to say it was a lone gunman over by the grassy knoll, would anyone have disagreed?
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Should have said it and stated the Lt took it on the head and back into the left. :P

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ OOC: That is one magic loogie! ]

Thanis brings Vulan's gear back to the assembled group.

Shareev locates the hoomauneeheether installed in the vehicle's controls and, although it is different in design than the ones he's used before, he easily figures out how to key it to respond.

Shareev says, "Sorry sir. It looks like we lost the Lieutenant. There were 2 khunman over by a sandy knoll, but we got them done. We are okay for now. Should we return to base, sir?"

In response, the voice from the device says, "Who is this? What's your callsign?"
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

( Negative, Sir. Negative. We had a slight weapons malfunction but everythings OK now. No need to come down. Have coolant leak. It'll take us a few minutes to lock it down... Oh the hell with it. (BLAM - shoots the com with his storm trooper blaster) LUKE! WE"RE GONNA TO HAVE COMPANY! ** Sorry but it reminded me of the scene in Star Wars when they are rescuing Princess Leia. )
"Hey where did the thief go? He was standing right where that pile of goo is just a second ago... Uh Oh... There wasn't a pile of goo there a second ago. Dang it! We go through thieves like peasants through a dragon."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

"Aeless I believe you have the other cure wand? Would you like to give it a try on our injured? I accidentally did something to this one..." Leenah asks Aeless.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good."

Thanis does a quick scan of the closest Dead Dude and sees if they have any sort of name tag or symbol on their clothes. If he can find/figure anything, he yells it to Shareev.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Going through the names he has heard from the dudes, Shareev calls over to Thanis,

"Thanis, get on here and pretend your Sarge. Tell them you escaped from us and are taking command of this unit."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"well, crap."

Thanis drops the gear, Runs to the wagon and takes the hoomauneeheether.

eh-hemm, he gets his rough voice ready...

with the hoomauneeheether turn on...

Loudly and angrily...
first to Shareev... "Gimmie that boy!" Then into the hoomauneeheether "This is the Sarge!! Who am i talkin to!?! ... Nevermind, I dont care!! I fought my way through those chumps** and I'm taking command over here!!"

**or someother slang of the time/area that thanis has heard the dudes use.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless unslings the wand from him and hands it to Leenah, "You're more proficient on this than I."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah takes the wand from Aeless and attempts to heal Ruadhnait, Brand and Esias further. "Thank you, Aeless."
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand watches intently to see how Thanis and Shareev's bluff works out, while waiting for Leenah to heal him further.
Image R.I.P. Brand
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Thanis runs to the wagon and announces, into the hoomauneeheether, "This is the Sarge!! Who am i talkin to!?! ... Nevermind, I don't care!! I fought my way through those chumps and I'm taking command over here!!"

There is a long silence from the hoomauneeheether, then a reply, "Sarge! Sorry, sir, we thought you were dead. How many of the boys do you have left at the gate? How many of the scum did you kill?" To nearly all of you (everyone except Shareev and Brand), it's very clear from the hesitation in the voice that whoever's on the other end does NOT believe that Thanis is Sarge.

Leenah makes some more healing attempts with the new wand. Her first attempt is unsuccessful, and her second one is a complete screw up again and now this new wand won't work for her either. [You are getting very unlucky with the 1's! Hint: Aeless might realize he can use the wands without a Use Magic Device check...]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

With the hoomauneeheether off, Thanis says..

"They're not buying it! What now? Call 'em out? We're not going to be able to work on getting you guys home until these Dudes are dealt with one way or another."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand frowns at the failure of the second wand, "I'm not in any shape for another fight right now."
Image R.I.P. Brand
beltzclan
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by beltzclan »

Jiam shrugs. "Why don't we just tell them the truth. We killed all of them at the gate, we ambushed the others in the box canyon and took care of those guys, now we have a fancy wagon too, and we are coming for them next. Tell them the townsfolk have decided to stand as well. That if any are found when we get there, they will be slaughtered like animals." Jiam takes a squat and begins to play with a small stone. "Just my opinion."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Let me help, Leenah." as he asks for the wand and start healing the rest.

Hearing the commotion, "Tell them, we're coming for the rest of their heads and that we're not stopping here. We're going to kill the whole town and we'll drink all of their blood." and continued evil grin comes across his face, as if he wants to dare the rest of the dudes to come.

OOC: Use Bluff or Intimidation for our checks.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Aeless begins whacking away at Ruadhnait, Brand, and Esias with the wand. It takes nearly two minutes, but they are mostly completely healed just as the wand reaches complete exhaustion [There's still another wand left, in Leenah's possession, but only Brand and Shareev have any damage: Brand down 1 hp, Shareev down 3 hp].

With no response from your end, the voice on the hoomauneeheether says, "Sarge? Sarge? Are you still there?"
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Respond to them as Sarge, Thanis. If they don't believe you, we will see them sending troops and we can go to meet them."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand takes a deep breath, as he is healed. He waits to see what happens next.
Image R.I.P. Brand
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

To the Dudes...

As Sarge...

"Yeah, I'm Here!! Looks like we lost two guys, the rest are in good shape though. We'll be fine now that I'm in charge! I took out two of those trouble makers!! Not sure about the rest, I'll have to do a body count."
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

"Okay Sarge, give us a body count. There were supposed to be ten of them. And how many did we lose?"

Brand breathes a sigh of relief, it sounds to him like the man on the other end now believes he's talk to Sarge. Absolutely no one else buys it, though, the man is clearly bluffing.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless makes a head count and calculates, he whispers to Shareev "Are they moving?"
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

To Thanis "Tell them you have 2 down and that you took out at least 3 of us."

Check the disk for the dudes movements. On the bracelet from Sam Tinker: "Sam, we took out the dudes at the gate here, but I am not sure they are buying our ruse as their people. Are you getting any communications intercepted from them?"
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

"I lost two guys, and we took out 4 of them"
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless whispers, "They doubt you, for the real Sarge we left has gotten into contact with them."
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

talk box off.

"i knew that'd be trouble"

Return to “Perearth: Archives”