Character Concept Discussion

A mother hires a group of heroes to protect her son as he bungles his way through the jungle looking for inspiration for stories to tell.

Moderator: holydeg

holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Re: Character Concept Discussion

Post by holydeg »

I've reviewed Tover and Victor and they both look good.
Image Game Master
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Moved Victor and Arkyat to the proper forum section - [TOS 2ⁿᵈ] Adventurers!!
admin
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Token for Arkyat created!

THANK GUYS for keeping your Character name short & sweet!! :D

Remember to post your Characters in the [TOS 2ⁿᵈ] Adventurers!. Then ADD a link to it here (using the LINK button that uses the url bbcode)

admin
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

Jinx, It looks to me like Arkyat is trained in an extra skill.

I see:
  • Heritage: Intimidation
  • Background: Survival
  • Class:
    • Arcana
    • Nature
    • Occultism
    • Religion
  • Additional Skills: 3 + Int Mod (+0) = 3
    • Medicine
    • Diplomacy
    • Deception
    • Athletics
What am I missing that is giving you that 4th additional skill?
Image Game Master
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

When I created this character it was a little different and I just swapped some parts. Changed background, heritage, etc...However, it looks like the Battle-Ready heritage isn't adding Intimidation as a trained skill. Front skill sheet doesn't update and show trained when Battle ready is selected. I'm updating and will repost.

Gonna be a little delay. One of my cats died tonight....not really in a good state to figure it out right now.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

Jinxs-3d wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:17 pm Gonna be a little delay. One of my cats died tonight....not really in a good state to figure it out right now.
That sucks, man. Take some time to grieve. There's no rush on this.
Image Game Master
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Jinxs-3d wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:17 pm ...However, it looks like the Battle-Ready heritage isn't adding Intimidation as a trained skill.
I checked and it does give the intimidation skill....
BUT it would appear there is a Typo in the effect name (Skill Traning: Intimidation)
I have fixed for the next update - please report any bugs or issues found so I can fix - Thanks!

In the mean time, I suggest you (force) apply the Training Rank directly on the FRONT sheet's Skill section (as opposed to adding it to the Customize sheet) - i.e. use the "Force Rank" column of the Skill table on the Front sheet.

admin
P.S. Sorry for the loss of your feline friend...
Jinxs-3d
BARON
BARON

Post by Jinxs-3d »

Was able to re-do. I've got it updated. Think the skills are appropriate now.

Thank you.
Teucer Argent - Zen Archer
Image Ardrea - Jinx Witch
Image Mazer: Goblin Champion
Image Arkyat, Orc Thaumaturge
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

Just posted Inva hope i got everything correct
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

rednetra wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:06 pm Just posted Inva hope i got everything correct
I have taken a look at Inva. There are a couple things I don't understand. You have taken the Skill Feat Arcane Sense, but I'm not seeing what gives you this Feat. You have put down the Dhampir Trait, but I don't know what is giving you this trait either; although I don't see the sheet applying this Trait in any case.

Unimportant Details: You get another language, you haven't picked a City Lore skill, and the back sheet says you need to input the Quick Squeeze skill feat on the Customize sheet. None of these are likely to be important in play. :idea: I think I just figured out the Arcane Sense issue. The sheet wants you to input the Quick Squeeze feat in the Skill Feat section and you didn't realize that you needed a specific Feat instead of getting any Skill Feat.

One last note, on your coins sheet you should probably subtract 1 GP and add 10 SP, once again, not that important.

A tip for PF2E that isn't relevant for this game, Explorer's Clothing can be a good pick up (which you did) if you don't want armor, as you can attach talismans to it and inscribe armor runes. TOS 2nd allows you to equip Explorer's Clothes as Armor.
Image Game Master
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

holydeg wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 am
rednetra wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:06 pm Just posted Inva hope i got everything correct
I have taken a look at Inva. There are a couple things I don't understand. You have taken the Skill Feat Arcane Sense, but I'm not seeing what gives you this Feat. You have put down the Dhampir Trait, but I don't know what is giving you this trait either; although I don't see the sheet applying this Trait in any case.

Unimportant Details: You get another language, you haven't picked a City Lore skill, and the back sheet says you need to input the Quick Squeeze skill feat on the Customize sheet. None of these are likely to be important in play. :idea: I think I just figured out the Arcane Sense issue. The sheet wants you to input the Quick Squeeze feat in the Skill Feat section and you didn't realize that you needed a specific Feat instead of getting any Skill Feat.

One last note, on your coins sheet you should probably subtract 1 GP and add 10 SP, once again, not that important.

A tip for PF2E that isn't relevant for this game, Explorer's Clothing can be a good pick up (which you did) if you don't want armor, as you can attach talismans to it and inscribe armor runes. TOS 2nd allows you to equip Explorer's Clothes as Armor.
Sorry about that this is only the second PF2 character i have ever made. Yes the Arcane sense was that issue im guessing i will edit that to have Quick Squeeze. As for the Dhampir trait i have no clue except it might have been a left over from when i was looking at what it might give me before i too Wisp heritage for the Fetchling.

Do you need me to correct the other issues, like the coins or the clothing (wish i could have armor but not trained). Also did i pick enough "spells" I though i might be missing on.
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

rednetra wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:16 am
Sorry about that this is only the second PF2 character i have ever made. Yes the Arcane sense was that issue im guessing i will edit that to have Quick Squeeze. As for the Dhampir trait i have no clue except it might have been a left over from when i was looking at what it might give me before i too Wisp heritage for the Fetchling.

Do you need me to correct the other issues, like the coins or the clothing (wish i could have armor but not trained). Also did i pick enough "spells" I though i might be missing on.
The other issues are not important enough to correct for play. I hadn't taken a look at your spells previously, but it looks to me like you should add a 1st level Occult spell.
Image Game Master
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

holydeg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:15 am
The other issues are not important enough to correct for play. I hadn't taken a look at your spells previously, but it looks to me like you should add a 1st level Occult spell.
A new edited character was posted adding quick squeeze as well as Mage armor as my last spell. Also for my Shrouded magic Ancestry feat im picking Telekinetic Projectile as my cantrip i can cast as an innate spell that can be cast at will heighten to spell level 1
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

rednetra wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:53 pm A new edited character was posted adding quick squeeze as well as Mage armor as my last spell. Also for my Shrouded magic Ancestry feat im picking Telekinetic Projectile as my cantrip i can cast as an innate spell that can be cast at will heighten to spell level 1
:thumb1:
Image Game Master
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

How much backstory do you want/need? And when? Do you want to give us the recruitment scene and then let us work within that or do you want well-fleshed characters first?
holydeg
Level 3 Contributor
Level 3 Contributor

Post by holydeg »

JellyBrains wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:05 am How much backstory do you want/need? And when? Do you want to give us the recruitment scene and then let us work within that or do you want well-fleshed characters first?
Backstory can be as detailed (or not) as you like. I'm planning on beginning the story on the ship headed to town. Everyone will have already been hired, but may not have gotten to know each other yet.
Image Game Master
JellyBrains
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by JellyBrains »

Excellent

Return to “{PbP} Sodden Stories {Pathfinder 2e Legacy}”