Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus opts to fire another ray at the half-orc.
Elemental Ray Attack/DamageShow
With cover from allies 1d20+4-4[dice=total]0[/dice]1d6+2
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

DamageShow
[dice=total]0[/dice]
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Crit DamageShow
[dice=total]0[/dice]
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will turn and follow those going through the door if they go through since she cannot hit the 1/2-orc with her crossbow.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost slames the door shut, turns to Filge... [talk]Now what? Do you want me to lock it?[/talk] Prost loads his sling staff.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 10

Prost waits for Filge's spells to go off...

Snarling something in his native tongue to vent his frustration, Cyrius takes another stab at the half-orc with his psychically charged mind blade. The protective spells covering the half-orc prove too tough for him [miss].

Filge completes his spell and calls forth a swarm of spiders that nearly fills the room where T3 is hiding. Close the door!, he shouts to Prost. Before the door swings closed, the necromancer fires a ray at T4 that hits and does a little frost damage [1 hp to T4].

Prost slams the door shut and turns to Filge, asking Now what? Do you want me to lock it? While waiting for an answer, Prost loads his sling staff.

From behind the closed door, there is a scream, presumably from T3's disgust at being covered in spiders.

Marcus opts to fire another ray at the half-orc, a perfectly aimed shot that hits the man just below the brim of his helmet [crit confirmed, 7 hp damage]

Lola turns and thinks about following those going through the door, but finds that no one is going. In fact, the door is closed.

Tex tries again to shoot an arrow at Garras, aiming more carefully. The results are identical to last time [just barely missed due to cover].

From behind the door, there is a bunch of shouting and barking of commands.

The half-orc steps back from Cyrius and casts a spell, healing himself [healed 5 hp, which additionally eliminates his 2 hp nonlethal]

There is more noise from behind the door, including a very obvious and loud piercing sound, which some will recognize as the spell, sound burst. The door swings back open and there stands T4, wielding a greataxe and menacing Prost. The one-eyed man is also now in the hallway, facing the swarm, which is still there, albeit with fewer spiders now.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 11
[list=1][*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 2.2 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 2.3 min left, 3 hp damage
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 52.5 min left, mage armor 232.4 min left
[*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 52.7 min left, darkvision 171.4 min left, blur 2.5 min left, 7 hp damage
[*]Summoned Swarm: 6 hp damage, 2 rounds left
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 232.5 min left, antitoxin 52.4 min left, 7 hp damage
[*]Lola
[*]Texudus TreeBender: gravity bow 0.2 min left
[*]Kendra (K)
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 1 hp nonlethal damage
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2)
[*]Garras (G): 13 STR damage, 10 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 1 hp damage
[*]Theldrick (Th): 9 hp damage (1 nonlethal)
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): 3 hp damage[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 34.1 min left
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Before Cyrius and Tex can act, Marcus suggests, [talk]Lets rush the half-orc. The four of us,[/talk] he jerks his head back as to include Lola, [talk]can group up on him and at least take him down. There's little any of us can do the other way.[/talk] He waits to see what they do before acting himself.
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola agrees drops her crossbow and draws her sword as she gets ready to charge.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Taking his cue from Marcus, Cyrius moves to 1119 (giving the half-orc an attack of opportunity vs AC 20, but clearing the way fro the others to follow without a traffic jam) and stabs once more at the foe with his psychically charged mind blade.

To Hit: 1d20+9-3, Damage: 1d6+3 (crit 18, x2), Psychic Strike: 1d8
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
And threatens a critical!
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
Which is not confirmed, but assuming a 25 hits (and if it doesn't, we may want to think about changing sides :wtf: ) it should still inflict 15 points of smackdown on the half-orc tailor from Cardassia!
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

As soon as Cyrius is out of the way, Tex lets fly another shot. Then rolls left out of the hallway, stopping at 1220

atk, PBD
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dam, Grav Bow
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge wants to weaken another of these opponents so he casts one of his last remaining spells. He concentrates for a moment, hoping to evade any attack from T4. Unfortunately, he was so focused that he missed the obvious target.

[ooc]Standard - Cast Ray of Enfeeblement at Theldrick

Concentration (vs. DC 17): [dice]0[/dice]
Ranged Touch Attack: [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will cast Shield on himself and move to 1117, also giving the half-orc an attack on him.
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Duniagdra wrote:Marcus will cast Shield on himself and move to 1117, also giving the half-orc an attack on him.
Only if the half-orc has Combat Reflexes, or elects not to take his AoO against Cyrius. :D
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

CGM3 wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Marcus will cast Shield on himself and move to 1117, also giving the half-orc an attack on him.
Only if the half-orc has Combat Reflexes, or elects not to take his AoO against Cyrius. :D
[ooc]oh, good point. forgot. :P[/ooc]
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move up and try to get to the 1/2-orc.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice] damage if hit
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Prost[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost lets a bullet fly at T4. Prost resist the urge to retreat, drops his sling staff and quick draws his Rapier and stand readies for the pending assault.

Attack w/MW Sling Staff: [dice]0[/dice]
Damage w/MW Sling Staff: [dice]1[/dice]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 11

Marcus makes a strategic suggestion: Lets rush the half-orc. The four of us, he jerks his head back as to include Lola, can group up on him and at least take him down. There's little any of us can do the other way.

Taking his cue from Marcus, Cyrius moves past the half-orc Garras. Garras knicks Cyrius with his battleaxe in the process [AoO hits for 1 hp damage]. Having survived the engagement, Cyrius stabs once more at the foe with his psychically charged mind blade. His mighty and seeming accurate blow connects... with an afterimage left behind by Garras' blur spell [25 certainly does hit, but the 20% miss chance caught you there].

Filge wants to weaken another of these opponents so he casts one of his last remaining spells. He concentrates for a moment, hoping to evade any attack from T4. Unfortunately, he was so focused that he missed the obvious target.

Prost lets a bullet fly at T4, dodging a swing from the tiefling's battleaxe in the process [AoO missed]. The dodge, unfortunately, is enough to disrupt his aim and he misses. Prost resist the urge to retreat, drops his sling staff, quick draws his rapier, and stands ready for the pending assault.

The spider swarm moves forward to envelop the back row tiefling (T3). She tries to scream as the spiders bite her, but some also crawl into her mouth, making her gag [5 hp damage and nauseated for one round].

Marcus casts Shield on himself and moves to flank the half-orc, who is too busy with Cyrius to take advantage of the opening [no combat reflexes, so no AoO].

Lola drops her crossbow and closes on the half-orc, drawing her short sword as she goes [I assumed that's what you did, since you made an attack roll]. She swings and misses.

Tex waits for Cyrius to get out of the way, only to find that Lola steps in front of his shot. Either way, his aim is bad and the arrow flies off down the far hallway. He follows the arrow, then rolls left out of the hallway.

The half-orc takes a poorly aimed, wild hack at Cyrius [miss], then steps back, retreating between Marcus and Lola [5-foot step].

The amazon (Kendra) who had been waiting in reserve in the large room can now see Marcus. She takes advantage of this opportunity to cast a spell. A ghostly battleaxe appears next to Marcus and attacks. In spite of all his protective spells, it hits and delivers a minor wound [3 hp damage]. She also shouts, Come, my holy courtesans! They will pursue Garras back toward the battle temple!

Hearing this, T1 and T2 move back to the balcony and fire arrows at Marcus. Thanks to the cover provided by the corner of the entrance, they both miss.

T3, nauseated from swallowed spiders, flees the swarm and staggers back up the stairs.

T4 stands her ground and hacks futilely at Prost.

The one-eyed man (Theldrick), seemingly annoyed that most of the tieflings are listening to Kendra and not him, shouts, I'm tired of these M...F...ing spiders in my M...F... temple! He rubs the holy symbol on his armor and calls out, Innana's wrath destroy you all! Negative energy bursts forth from the symbol, encompassing Theldrick himself, the swarm, most of his own allies, and Prost and Filge. The summoned swarm is exterminated. T1, T3, and T4 drop to the ground, dying. T3, Kendra, and Theldrick himself are injured. Prost and Filge are injured, too [Prost and Filge need a DC15 Will save; 7 hp damage if they make it, 14 hp damage if they fail].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 12
[list=1][*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 2.1 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 2.2 min left, 4 hp damage
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 52.4 min left, mage armor 232.3 min left, 7 hp damage + 7 more if failing a DC15 Will save
[*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 52.6 min left, darkvision 171.3 min left, blur 2.4 min left, 14 hp damage + 7 more if failing a DC15 Will save
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 232.4 min left, antitoxin 52.3 min left, shield 3.9 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Lola
[*]Texudus TreeBender: gravity bow 0.1 min left
[*]Kendra (K): 14 hp damage
[*]Kendra's spiritual weapon (SW): 2 rounds left
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 15 hp damage (1 nonlethal), dying
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 20 hp damage, dying
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): 17 hp damage, dying
[*]Theldrick (Th): 16 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 34.0 min left
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will ignore the weapon and instead move for flanking with Lola drawing his heavy mace and attacking the half-orc.
Attack/DamageShow
Attack[dice=total]0[/dice]Damage[dice=total]1[/dice]
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex moves to 1019, trying to get a clearer shot...

Atk, PBS
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dam, GB
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[ooc]I wuz robbed![/ooc]

Infuriated by Garras ' cowardly trick, Cyrius steps to 1117 (giving the half-orc another AoO, but also providing a better shot for Tex and hemming Garras in so any retreat by him that's more than five feet will provoke a retaliatory AoO) and thrusts once more with his psychically charged weapon -- alas, to no effect.

To Hit: 1d02+9-3, Base Damage: 1d6+3, Psychic Strike: 1d8

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will saveShow
[dice]0[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost grabs his dropped sling staff with his off hand and retreats to 1518.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge grunts when he feels the negative energy wash over him but withstands the worst of it. After letting Prost past him, the necromancer takes a chance and moves closer to Theldrick.

Once there, Filge concentrates and tries to prevent his opponent from getting any opening. He then reaches out and attempts to touch Theldrick. He isan't able to touch his opponent and continues to hold the magic.

[ooc]Filge's Will Save
[dice]1[/dice]

Concentration (vs. DC 19)
[dice]2[/dice]

Touch Attack
[dice]3[/dice][/ooc]
[dice]0[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola now flanking with Marcus will once again attack with her +1sword

[dice]0[/dice] to hit

[dice]1[/dice] for damage
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 12

Filge waits to let Prost past him...

Prost grabs his dropped sling staff with his off hand and retreats into the hallway.

After letting Prost past him, Filge takes a chance and moves closer to Theldrick. Once there, he concentrates and successfully casts a spell. He then reaches out and attempts to touch Theldrick, but isn't able to make contact. He continues to hold the charge [You didn't say what spell you cast. I assume it was Ghoul Touch, please correct me if I'm wrong].

Marcus ignores the spiritual weapon and instead moves for flanking with Lola. Drawing his heavy mace, he attacks the half-orc, to no avail.

Infuriated by Garras' cowardly trick, Cyrius steps into the spot vacated by Marcus. He receives another minor cut from the half-orc's battleaxe as he goes [AoO for 2 hp damage]. Cyrius then thrusts once more with his psychically charged weapon -- alas, to no effect.

Lola, now flanking with Marcus, once again attacks with her magic sword. Similarly, she is unable to get past the man's armor.

Tex moves for a clearer shot, but even his new position is not clear enough [Garras still had cover at 1217 because of Lola and Cyrius; you need to be able to draw a line from one corner of your square to all four corners of his square without passing through a square occupied by another creature], and his arrow misses again. Tex notices that his quiver is starting to feel awfully empty . His gravity bow spell also expires.

The half-orc (Garras) swipes Cyrius with another feeble blow from his battleaxe [2 hp damage], then steps between him and Marcus out of the flanked position [5-foot step].

Since Cyrius has conveniently moved into position for her spiritual weapon, the amazon (Kendra) decides not to chase Marcus with it. Instead, she retrieves a wand and heals herself [healed 5 hp]. The ghostly battleaxe slashes Cyrius for yet another minor cut [2 hp damage].

T1 bleeds, but T3 and T4 stabilize.

T2 moves up north along the balcony and futilely fires an arrow at Marcus, hitting the wall next to him instead.

The one-eyed man (Theldrick) smiles at the lightly armored wizard in front of him. He draws his battleaxe and swings, becoming extremely frustrated when he is unable to connect.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 13
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 52.5 min left, darkvision 171.2 min left, blur 2.3 min left, 21 hp damage
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 52.2 min left, mage armor 232.2 min left, 7 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 232.3 min left, antitoxin 52.2 min left, shield 3.8 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 2.0 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 2.1 min left, 10 hp damage
[*]Lola
[*]Texudus TreeBender
[*]Kendra (K): 9 hp damage
[*]Kendra's spiritual weapon (SW): 1 round left
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 16 hp damage (1 nonlethal), dying
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 20 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): 17 hp damage, unconscious but stable
[*]Theldrick (Th): 16 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.9 min left
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[ooc]Yes, it was Ghoul Touch that Filge cast[/ooc].

Filge tries again to touch Theldrick, emboldened by the opponents inability to hit him. Unfortunately, Filge's confidence is misplaced.

[ooc]Touch Attack with Ghoul Touch
[dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius takes another stab at stabbing Garras, but again falls short of the mark. [talk]Can no one rid me of this troublesome curse?[/talk] he appeals plaintively to hs companions.

To Hit: 1d20+9-3, Weapon Damage: 1d6+3, Psychic Strike Damage: 1d8
[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will attack again with the heavy mace.
Attack/DamageShow
Attack[dice=total]0[/dice]Damage[dice=total]1[/dice]
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex shoulders his bow. Saving his remaining arrows for out of reach foes. He moves 5' to 1118, drawing his flail on the move.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”