Over the years, The Only Sheet plus [referred here as TOS+ or 'The Sheet'] has become one of the best (if not the best) AUTOMATED and DYNAMIC Character Sheet for players and Game Masters of both Pathfinder RPG and 3.5 OGL!! Much work has been done to create a sheet that could handle the complexity of the Stacking Rules.
This Wiki is dedicated to TOS+ and its newer siblings, TOS FIVE for the 5th edition, and TOS 2nd for Pathfinder 2e. Most of the information that applies to TOS+, also applies to its newer siblings!
There are many people who have contributed one way or the other, to make this Sheet what it is today. Each time a bug was found, an idea voiced or a proposal sent, that action brought the Sheet closer to perfection - which is a goal by itself. Here I would like to Thank all those wonderful people who have contributed to this project, in one way or the other. One special hug goes to my friend Tammy, who was the first one to encourage me in this. I have to bow to Patransom wisdom, whose initial suggestions and idea led to the creation of TOS+! LordVorp for is awesome coding skills, shai-hulud for for his dedication to the project and CGM3 for holding the title as the most creative voice!!
So to all of you, and to those I do not name here, I say:
The Only Sheet+ is a Microsoft Excel¹ workbook which has been designed² to automate many aspects of character maintenance for players of the 3.5 OGL game published by Wizards of the Coast. This whole project started in November 2003, when I was preparing a character for a new campaign. After searching on the Web for all available sheets, I realized that the sheets available were of poor quality - they were ugly in almost all cases, and very complex to use. I then decided to do my own self-calculating Excel character Sheet while keeping in mind two important aspects: It had to be easy to use and it had to be great looking!
¹ TOS+ requires Excel 2007 or more recent. It is not compatible non-Microsoft spreadsheets.
² Designed with the Newbie in mind - you do not have to be an Excel Expert to use The Sheet!
TOS CORE stands in as a fully working DEMO version for TOS+. It contains ONLY the CORE stuff (from both 3.5 OGL and Pathfinder) can be downloaded from the Homepage. You can also check out the Video section to see how dynamic play is handled.
Who is this character sheet for?
This character Sheet is intended for people who wish to save time creating and maintaining their 3.5 OGL Characters or NPCs (time which is better spent playing!!) - people who have a high standard in quality, ease of use and professional output.
As seen in the results of the Age Poll, over 75% of registered users are 30+!
- Access to all features of the Sheet
- Free updates for the duration of your subscription (provided through the Community Forum)
- Technical Support (provided through the Community Forum)
- You can download Classes and Races (at last count, there are over 400+ shares classes/races!)
- You can request new Classes and Races that have yet to be created by the community
- Access to all new Play-by-Post games featured on the Forum
- Ability to contribute to this Wiki, if desired.
- December 2003: Work on the Dual-Class Character Sheet starts. It supports 2 classes.
- April 2004: The Dual-Class Character Sheet is released as Donationware
- August 2004: The Dual-Class Character Sheet is renamed Multiclass Character Sheet, with supports for 3 classes
- January 2005: Creation of the Yahoo Mailing List, which is eventually replaced by the TOS Newsletter
- May 2005: The Community Forum opens
- April 2006: The Multiclass Character Sheet is renamed The Only Sheet
- March 2007: TOS+ version 1 is released
- October 2008: The last version of The Only Sheet becomes TOS FREE
- November 2008: TOS+ v2.0 is released
- October 2009: TOS+ v3.0 is released, with support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- July 2011: TOS+ v3.6 is released, with support for Paizo's Advanced Player's Guide (PF1)
- June 2012: TOS+ v3.667 is the first version to work only Excel 2007+
- August 2012: TOS+ v3.700 allows users to 'skin' the worksheets, thus allowing for changes in background color, fonts etc.
- October 2012: TOS+ v3.800 added ToolTips to show the source of bonuses, and has a new Core process that accelerates computations
- November 2012: TOS+ v3.850 adds the content of the Ultimate Equipment book from Paizo
- April 2013: TOS+ v4.0 adds both the Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic books from Paizo
- November 2013: TOS+ v4.1 includes computing speed improvements for both computations and loading a character
- December 2013: TOS+ v4.2 is unified into a single version that works on both Excel 32 bits and 64 bits
- December 2013: TOS CORE is released. This is a DEMO version of TOS+.
- January 2014: TOS+ v5.0 adds compatibility with the Macintosh version of Excel (v14.1+)
- June 2016: TOS FIVE is released. It supports the 5th edition!
- August 2019: TOS 2nd CORE edition published to support the second edition of Pathfinder RPG
- September 2019: TOS Products removes MAC compatibility due to un-ending compatibility issues with the MAC version of Excel
- February 2020: TOS 2nd PRO edition published; Features the content of FOUR source books: Core Rulebook, Lost Omens: Character Guide, Lost Omens: Gods and Magic, Lost Omens: World Guide
- September 2020: TOS 2nd PRO edition adds support for a fifth book; the Advanced Players Guide (PF2)
- October 2020: TOS 2nd PRO edition adds support for a sixth book; the Lost Omens: Legends (PF2)
- November 2020: TOS 2nd PRO edition adds support for a seventh book; the Lost Omens: Pathfinder Society Guide (PF2); Support for Pathfinder Society is now part of TOS 2nd PRO edition!
Many thanks for the generous artists who have given me authorization to use their work to represent the Sheet!
The logo for TOS FIVE is The Skyland Adventurers from PortBaron (designer) and ArtGutierrez (creator). Both have granted permission to use this wonderful image!
The Logo for TOS+ is based on the image "Uruk Chieftan of Barad Dur", created by Martin McKeown.
The Logo for the older TOS is based on the image "Here Comes Trouble", created by Erik Hilliker.
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
You can view the OGL License here.